Everyone is looking for a reversal solution for their skin issues and everyone wants a fix for the errors of their youth. The legend of the Fountain of Youth has been a point of interest since as far back as the fifth century. Modern science has been working on their own version of “everlasting youth” in the form of products and procedures for decades. Everyone is searching to maintain their youth—and the first step you can take towards preserving that youthful glow is understanding the true value of investing in your skin. Women are willing to colour their hair on a regular schedule and buy a new handbag every season, but sometimes investing in regular skin maintenance can fall to the wayside.
What makes me age?
One of the most important effects of investing in one’s skin is slowing down the shortening of telomeres. Telomeres are DNA complexes on the end of chromosome strands. Telomeres prevent the deterioration and separating or even joining of other chromosome strands—when telomeres lose their grip on chromosomes, ageing is accelerated. Envision telomeres as a knot on a ship holding a sail steady. As the knot loosens over time, the sail can’t do its job of keeping itself in the position it needs to be. When the ends of the chromosome are no longer protected, they can’t do their job of keeping you looking youthful. How to avoid this? Invest in the right products and treatments, even if it means spending more, and investing in the time it takes to commit to a routine. This way, you can lengthen the life of your skin and slow down aging.
How to slow it down.
The first step at Reveal Skin & Body is to book a Skin Journey Consultation. In this process, you will discuss with a Certified Beauty Therapist a strategy or a plan of attack. It is important to mention that not everyone’s skin path can bounce back. Sometimes the lack of investment or the negligence done in their past leads to a very minimal ability to redirect the appearance of ageing. Remember, investment means not only the cost but spending the necessary time, also. Wrinkles, discolouration, and loss of elasticity can’t be controlled without the investment. Your skin’s health can become a lottery of disappointment and chance without the proper care and time that skin deserves. You’ll need to invest in your skin daily. It is going to represent you for a very long time. What you put on your face, and what choices you make will impact the “what ifs” in the mirror all your life.
5 Tips For Healthier Skin
1. Sunscreen. While sunscreen can protect you from sunburn, it’s not the most important reason for wearing sunscreen. You want to reduce damage from the sun. ... Remember, sunburn is an immediate reaction, but damage from the sun occurs over a lifetime. If you have had a skin cancer or pre-cancer, you should use an SPF of 30 or higher.
2. Home care regimen. We cannot stress this enough. If you aren’t using the right products at home, what we do in the spa will not be as effective. In fact, Botox, fillers, etc are also pointless if you choose not to use the right skin care products.
3. Be a regular client. Just like exercise and a good diet, you need to stay on top of regular facial maintenance. Do not expect a miracle in one appointment. Your recommended skin journey will tell you how often and for what treatments you need to schedule.
4. Hydration, Hydration, Hydration. You have to “Hydrate to regenerate.” A good rule of hydration is making sure your water intake is on par with your weight, drink 0.033 of a litre of water per day for every kilogram of bodyweight. If you weigh 65kg, that is 65 * 0.033 = 2.145 litres of water. For every glass of coffee or tea, you consume, you need to have an extra glass of water, as caffeine will dehydrate you. If you find water to be a tad boring, our spa suggests the additions of herbs and fruit splashes. We try to always have a fresh mix for you when you visit.
5. Remove makeup nightly. Wearing makeup to sleep leads to early ageing. It’s probably the easiest step to adhere to, but not always the easiest to remember. Figure out a reminder of some sort for yourself and stick to it.
If you'd like to start your skin journey today. Book a consultation and discuss the options available. We can work within your budget and/or set up a weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment plan for you. You won't regret investing in your future self.