AN INTENSELY HYDRATING SKIN THERAPY EXPERIENCE
The world’s first coconut water based tan is a one-of-a-kind bronzing treatment, supercharged with antioxidants to restore skin hydration whilst revitalising the skin. The weightless formula absorbs quickly to lock in moisture, while essential fatty acids found in natural coconut soothe dry areas and improve overall skin texture and tone.
About Spray Tans
Having a spray tan is a great way to look tanned instantly. At Reveal Skin & Body we use an organic high quality rapid spray tan – meaning you can shower from 2-4 hours after application (no more messy sheets!). Our spray tans provide a beautiful golden colour no matter what your skin type. Spray tanning involves a high powered spray gun which is used to apply the spray tan in a mist all over your body. Included in the solution is a bronzing agent which means that the therapist can see exactly where they have been to ensure a nice even coverage, and also means that you walk away 15 minutes later looking fabulous!
- Develops in as little as 2-4 hours – so no more spray-tan sheets and waiting overnight for your tan to appear!
- Awesome colour – definitely no orange, and very natural.
- Organic DHA – perfect for sensitive skin and eco-friendly.
- Fantastic range of take home products – well priced, great packaging and everything you need to maintain your tan once you leave the salon.
- Lasts 5-10 days.
- Exfoliate and moisturize 24 hours before your treatment, paying particular attention to elbows, knees, ankles and problem dry areas.
- It is highly recommended to have painted your nails and toenails, especially if they artificial.
- Wax/shave at least 48 hours prior to treatment. This allows the pores time to close. Dotting in pores may appear if not adhered to.
- The entire 24 hours before your treatment avoid using bar soaps, high pH shower products or in shower moisturizers.
- Please don’t apply moisturizer, perfume, deodorant or makeup on the day of your treatment.
- Wear dark loose clothing to your appointment. Tight clothing or underwear may cause marks. It's ideal if you can go without a bra. Also wear loose fitting shoes, such as jandles.
After an hour (or longer – if you choose), shower quickly for 45 secs, with lukewarm water. The brown bronzers will wash away, while the fast tan actives continue to work and deepen. DO NOT USE USE HOT WATER. It stops the development of tan actives during the development time. This is a common mistake people make, especially in the colder months. Once you shower, you can wear your favorite clothes, go out of the house and definitely not stain the bed sheets. Your tan will develop into a natural tan without the hassle of fake tan staining and smell.
- Wear dark loose clothing; tight clothing or underwear may cause marks. Wear loose fitting shoes.
- Shower lightly in cold – lukewarm water for 45 seconds ONLY after your desired development time. Use plain water, don’t use shower gels, scrubs, shampoos or loofah during the first 24 hours after your treatment.
- Pat your skin dry. Do not rub or scrub your skin.
- Moisturize everyday after applying your self tan.
- After day 5, exfoliate with a soft body polish on a daily basis, to help your skin absorb even more moisturizer and keep it looking and feeling gorgeous. This also helps the tan fade naturally, rather than in patches.
Q: Do I have to get naked?
A: As the spray tan needs to be applied by a therapist, you will need to get undressed to some degree. We provide the option of a disposable g-string, although you are welcome to wear your own underwear if that makes you feel more comfortable. Or nothing at all if you don’t want any bikini lines.
Q: Can I have a bikini or brazilian wax on the day of my spray tan?
A: We don’t recommend this for two reasons – firstly the wax residue means that it is difficult to apply the spray tanning solution evenly to the waxed areas. Secondly, because your pores will have opened slightly during the wax, we don’t think it’s a good idea to spray any solutions directly on the skin at that point. We recommend you have you waxing done the day before if possible.
Q: I’m having the spray tan done for a wedding or other special occasion and am worried as I’ve never had one before. How can I be sure I will like it?
A: We recommend coming in for a practice tan 2 or 3 weeks before the big day. That way you have an opportunity to see what it’s like, feel comfortable with the therapist and rebook with the same person prior to the actual event. Also, make sure the therapist knows when the wedding is as we will be able to advise on the best timings to do your spray tan (especially if you’re fitting it around manicure and pedicure appointments as well as the many other commitments you may have on the days leading up to your event).
Q: How do I avoid a ‘bad spray tan’?
A: Everyone has heard of someone having a not so great spray tan experience. Generally there are 4 possible reasons for this: Lack of therapist experience, poor-quality spray tan solution, a cheap spray tanning machine…or not following the before and after-care advice. No matter where you have your spray tan done, you should feel comfortable enough to ask your therapist how much experience they have with spray tanning. It takes a while to be consistently great delivering spray tan treatments which is often why you hear about bad experiences. We do everything we possibly can to ensure that every single tan we provide is an awesome one.